We decided to make a real effort to do more than just share publicity with our readers. We have been told by many of you that you want to know more how to’s in the promotion of the book process. While 2 Dream Productions provides publicity services we don’t mind sharing some of the things that experts in the field have shared with us or things that we have learned along the way.
Two weeks ago we shared several ways to promote your book on our Facebook page. We wanted to give a great example of how some of the principles we shared have been used by an author. This is when we came across a great video with author Father Nathan Monk.
Can you pick them out by checking out his FB page and watching his video?
Here Are 14 Ways Father Nathan Monk Promoted His Book Entitled Chasing the Mouse:
1. He has an engaged following on Facebook. This means people are reading about what he has to say.
2. He uses the obvious — The Video
3. He reaches out to his fans and followers and ASKS them to buy his book.
4. When he reaches out and ASKS people to buy his book he has his WHY answer ready (his WHY you should support and buy his book).
5. He does something we mentioned on more than one post … “He Tells A Story”. And he does so in a humorous way that captivates his audience.
6. He shares his family with you so he is making it personal. He is connecting to his audience.
*7. He connects his book to a cause when he is sharing his story (at another time we will share more about causes and how you can promote your book by connecting your book to a cause that you and others passionately believe in ).
8. He has a goal and lets you know what he is working towards.
9. He mentions that his book has solutions to problems in it. Remember you want to help others solve a problem.
10. He believes his book will sell and even says so in 1:08 in the video; he also goes on to say it is going to be a Best Seller. Part of promoting your book is believing that it will sell.
11. If you start reading his social media you will see he takes risks and is not afraid to act or speak passionately about what he believes in.
12. He shares the story on why he wrote the book.
13. He asks others to share about his book.
14. He has an audience to reach out to and that will help spread the word about Chasing the Mouse–– because he built his social media presence before writing his book (and most likely before he even thought of writing his book).
We gave this example to convey to you that you don’t have to create a new social media following for your book.
- If you already have a following people will want to support you in whatever it is you are doing if they believe in you.
- If you don’t have a following yet you can start from where ever you are and begin creating one.
Let us know if you can pick out other things that was done to promote the book.
To Get a copy of Chasing the Mouse click on the book below.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, 2 Dream Productions,Inc. may receive an affiliate commission. Father Nathan Monk is not a client of ours nor do we participate in his organization. We do however admire his work and passion he has for the homeless community. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.